Thursday, September 17, 2009

Elementary Experiences Part 1

Just about everyday I get asked by someone how the new job is going.  It is still great, and I love it more and more each day.  Who wouldn't love their job when this happens....

Scene:  kids are involved in fitness stations and are loving every second of it, when a little boy (first grade) stops jogging when he gets near me to have this conversation.  

Boy:  Mr. M?
Me:  Yes?
Boy:  I just wanted to tell you that I love gym, and if you see me looking worried, it is because every time I come to gym I always worry that it is time for gym to end.  
Me:  Ok, well don't worry, we've got a ton of time left.
Boy:  YESSSS!!! (as he gives a fist pump and continues jogging)

It makes all the difference in the world to have the kids want to be there.  If you want to go into education, the decision of what age is a no-brainer.  

Until next time, 

2 comments: