Saturday, November 21, 2009

Mail

Before adulthood, bills, and home-ownership, there was nothing like the feeling of getting mail.   I would always hurry home from school, hoping to be the first one to check the mailbox, only to be disappointed that I received nothing 98% of the time.  I never understood why my parents weren't fired up when they got 5 pieces of mail each day, but now I realize mail sucks.  When you are a kid mail is either money from Grandma or the magazine you eagerly await.  Now, mail is bills, junk, more junk, a magazine I don't have time to read, or more junk.  When I look at our countertop that is littered with mail from the past week, I just want to cancel the mail just as Kramer did on Seinfeld... 



Time for the college picks... 
The theme of the week is 'mailing it in.'  I'm picking teams that could just "mail it in" as they say and get a win.

Florida International @ Florida (-45.5)
Yeah, I'm laying 45.5.  Ambitious scheduling at its best. 

TCU @ Wyoming (-31)
I'd love to see 3 or more undefeated teams at the end of the year, the horned frogs won't have any trouble staying that way this week.

Kansas @ Texas (-27)
It's bad when you are on the front of espn.com for off the field issues on the same week you are playing at Texas against a QB that needs big numbers to win the heisman.  

Season:  25-20-0

Until next time, 

No comments:

Post a Comment