Saturday, October 24, 2009

College Picks Week 8

Yes, the ol' Mo Train did go 4 for 4 last week making it 7 of the last 8 against the spread. 

The hot streak has come during two consecutive weeks in which a theme has been used to choose the teams.  I'm sticking with the theme just like a hot shooter in craps.  I will once again be filming a wedding tonight, and will be on the road for most of the games, so all of the road teams get the nod.  

Ga Tech @ Virginia (+4)
My parents went down to this game to visit my family, tailgate, and have a great time.  They could have waited until next week to go down and I would have been able to go with them.  But, apparently Dad wanted to see Georgia Tech a lot more than he wanted to get to travel down with his son and daughter-in-law to see the game vs Duke next weekend.  Yes, I get the message.  And for that I hope Georgia Tech puts this one away with a 42-0 1st quarter and all the bums play the rest of the way, and I hope it rains the whole time, and is cold, and the hot dog guy never comes to their section, and...
Without thinking about the above scenario, I would love to see UVA get a big win.  They are on a roll, and have given Tech some good games recently.  When I think about the game though, all I can picture is the text Nick sent me after the loss to William and Mary, "we just lost to William & Mary."  That's all it said, but it spoke much louder than that.  Ga Tech by 10.  

Oklahoma @ Kansas (+7.5)
For all the future professional athletes that read this blog... If you have a chance to go pro and make guaranteed millions, do it.  Don't think twice.  Don't get all emotional over leaving your college teammates.  Just go.  Sooners BIG!

Iowa @ Mich. St (-1.5)
For the second consecutive week Iowa (a top 10 team by the way) goes on the road and gets points.  Talk about being able to play the "nobody believes in us" card... Hawkeyes in a close one.

Texas @ Mizzou (-13)
He won the big game, now he needs a gaudy stat game.  Colt goes off and the 'horns show no mercy.

Season:  17-13-0

Until next time, 

No comments:

Post a Comment