Sunday, August 2, 2009

Loving Dan

Of course I love my wife.  I love her for many many reasons. 

One reason that immediately comes to mind is the fact that when we go out to dinner she rarely finishes her entire meal.  I often base my dinner selection on her dinner selection.  Lets say I’m looking at getting the open faced roast beef, or the turkey dinner. Dan rescues me from one of the greatest stressors I have in my life (the agony of selecting off of the Bob Evans menu) by ordering the turkey dinner.  I know almost for a fact that a good portion of that will be left over, so I go ahead with the roast beef and get the best of both worlds.  If you don’t get why that is such a great thing, I wonder where you find joy in life.  (ha, how did I ever avoid fat camp?)

Another reason happened about 20 minutes ago and inspired this entry.  We just finished watching Big Brother, turned immediately to ESPN where the Dodgers were playing the Braves and Manny Ramirez was being shown on the screen playing left field.  The conversation…

Dan:  (very cute chuckle)  Who is that?

Me:  (No answer due to the fact that it was Manny and I was thinking in my head “who doesn’t know who Manny is”)

Dan:  (chuckle progresses to all out laugh)  it looks like they just found some homeless man and asked him to stand out there

Me:  (thinking, “wow that was pretty damn funny”)  That’s Manny Ramirez, one of the greatest baseball players ever.

Dan:  (still laughing)  He looks like Happy Gilmore’s caddy

For someone who loves sports as much as myself, my wife’s simple observations often bring me great satisfaction.  When Dan and I watch sports we see the game from totally opposite angles.  I could never see Manny Ramirez as the homeless man in left field, or see Dwight Howard as just the tall boy that just keeps dunking it every time.  While somewhat true, it’s a completely different viewpoint that is one of the many reasons I love my wife.

 

Until next time, 

2 comments:

  1. I would love to say that I love dan....but to be honest I never see dan. Either she is studying to become a Nun or she hates the smell of my musk, because no way could coaching cheerleading take up this much time.

    ReplyDelete