Saturday, May 16, 2009

You've Got Meal

Many readers of this blog have at one time or another received a picture message from yours truly.  Some include an explanation in the form of a caption, and some are just pictures of random things.  Ever since I selected a phone with a camera on it, I have been entertained, for whatever reason, by the ability to snap a shot of something, and immediately send it to 10-90 people.  Two years ago, I was introduced to the idea of sending pictures of a prepared meal to let all of your friends know what you are about to eat.  I was with Jord in Delaware and he received a picture message from his buddy Fritz with a picture of his dinner.  Fritz was about to take part in a smorgasbord of meats prepared on the grill.  Jord showed me the picture, and my reaction was “oooo.”  The “oooo” wasn’t only for how good the meat looked, but also because I was fascinated with the idea of sending a picture of a meal. 

I know.  It sounds uneventful, dumb, stupid, less than entertaining, dull, immature, and just plain waste-of-time-ish, to everyone who is too good to appreciate a good picture of a meal. However, I am here to tell you that picture mealing has become something I look forward to each week and I encourage everyone to participate in one of my favorite hobbies. 

Incase you haven’t had the good fortune of being included on one of my picture meal lists, I am introducing this to my entire blogosphere, (ha, both of you). 



Until next time, 

1 comment: